Sunday, November 21, 2010

Week 13- Customer Relationship Management

       Today I will talk about customer relationship management, but there is a difference from my other plog posts.Today I will talk about my experience through different companies which are Delta and Ebay.

        I registered to Delta Skymiles to get free and favourable flights .I am traveling alot either international and domestic.When I registered for skymiles, they asked me bucnh of unrelated questions.Where do you live? What is your hobbies?What kind of music do you listen?What is your ethnicity?Where do you like to travel? etc. Then almost eveyday they send me e-mails mostly about reasonable international flights.they start to sell me e-mails to earn miles but the intresting thing is, there are several companies and products they are all arranged and each of them gives me different amount of miles.After I read chapter 21 I realized that Delta sells our information to other web sites.When I click to X company,It asks me many questions like demographics,lifestyle and behavioral questions like "When did you purchase your last car?, Where do you want to go most?"These ate all customer-centric actions.Later on from different companies I got varity of e-mails.Delta Airlines collect my database to serve me better service.Delta also uses the identfying their best cusotmer technique.For example I flied Turkey twice, so now they usually send me good deals on Turkey flights.Also Delta uses retainig loyal customer technique.They usually e-mail, if you purchase round-trip tickets for your family at the same time (about 5 people) you can get 2 nights free room in any Hayatt Hotels.This technique gets peoples' attention.




No comments:

Post a Comment