Sunday, November 28, 2010

Week 14-Developing and Managing Product

     My company Juicy Couture releases new products to their product mix every season.They usually add to the existing product line.For example for holiday season Juicy Couture added to their collection " Velvet & Polka Dots" Collection.In Polka Dots collection they released bags,t-shirts, wallets, socks and many other things.They expended their product line.



      Idea Generation is important point for owners.Ideas can come from customer. Merchandisers usually make survey to improve quality of service and to get their consumer's ideas.Also It is important to get employees ideas because all the day they deal with costumers and employees know what costumers are looking for.Also It is important to see what competitors are selling.It is good way to get an idea form competitors.For exapmle Juicy Couture was working with same designers for a long time, but timeafter time they realized that Juicy Couture style stales.They kicked out the previous designer and now they work with Juicy Coutures' opponent brand's designer which is American Eagle's head designer.There are also bunch of people all sit together and make brainstorming.Brainstorming is very efficient way to produce new things.

       
        Juicy Couture also released a new line to their product mix.They released new men's denims and men's section to Juicy Couture stores.It didnt really work well because they couldnt use good commercials to introduce it to consumers.
    Also globalization is really important issue for selling products.I all the time see tourist with Juicy Couture shopping bags on their hands.Juicy Couture all the time sells girlly staffs to the world but I believe they need innovation.On the other side they should sell sexy clothes with that way they might get more attention from others.And it will mke them more succesful in global business.

           I think I am late adopter.First I see the product and I wait the same product line almost a year than I buy.For exapmle first 2 years ago I saw the Hunter rain boats.I loved them but all the time I thought they will be out of fashion.In 2010 I realized that It is still famous and popular so I got for my self a pair.



No comments:

Post a Comment